Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

All about me...

Hey, thanks for stopping by!

I am a beautiful 28ish year old (okay, 40ish but who's counting) and I have been married to my wonderful husband, Brian, since 1997. In 1999 we had our first son Noah, and then in 2002 our second son Michael. Our family also includes one goldfish (Dorthy), and a chocolate lab, Cocoa who is currently staying at Grandma's house.

I am a stay-at-home-mom, who is rarely home. I am always playing taxi for my kids. (Running from school events, to soccer, to Boys Scouts, to drum lessons, the list goes on and on...)


I am currently finishing my Masters Degree with the end goal of becoming a Licensed Counselor. My children are my reason for pursuing this career. 

When my first son, Noah, was around 2-years-old we began to see some uncommon behaviors. This led us to seek advice from our pediatrician, pastor, and eventually a psychiatrist/psychologist team. When he was almost 4-years-old we finally had a diagnosis of a chemical imbalance. However, his symptoms were all over the map, and we were often asked if he was Autistic. He also suffered from Sensory Processing Disorder. The journey God has taken us on has sparked a desire in my heart to help other families who find themselves in similar situations. God has opened doors for me to speak into the lives of such families, and to teach parenting classes at my local church. Thus, my pursuit to becoming a counselor is just another step on the path God is showing me.

Another one of my passions is mentoring within women's ministry. I love the space of women sharing with women, girlfriends building each other up, and watching different generations of women learning from each other. 

I have been encouraged by many of my friends to get back on the blogosphere and share some of my insights on being a mom, parenting, words of encouragement, and maybe a few recipes. I am excited to see where God is leading me and I plan to take you with me through this blog.