Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Choices

Today I have decided to start...Weight Loss Wednesdays.

Yep, I plan on tracking my journey to get healthy right here and posting my progress, along with some other healthy tidbits along the way.

I mentioned in an earlier post this week that I have lost 50 lb. in the past year or so. Well, over the summer I have not been as focused on disciplining my eating habits and old eating habits have crept back in. (Unfortunately, along with these old habits a few of those lost pounds have found their way back to my booty.) However, I know with a little discipline I can get back on track and loose those pounds for good.

Over the last 2 weeks I have been slowly making small changes in my eating to try and get back into the healthy groove. However, on Sunday my family went out to lunch after church. As I sat there pondering over the menu I kept looking at the salads feeling sad that I was going to miss out on what everyone else was going to order. (Oh, poor me I cannot have the fries, or cheese sticks, or the way to much food for anyone platter...such a martyr way of thinking) Then it hit me...

It's a choice! A choice that I make! My choice! A choice to choose being healthy. A choice to choose what I know is better for me! It is my choice and only my choice that gets me to my goal of being healthy. (and the side affect of a smaller booty isn't bad either!)

I realized that this choice is not a simple one time deal. NO! This choice is made every time I walk into my kitchen. Every time I put a fork to my mouth. Every time I look at a menu. Every time I fix dinner. Every time I ...

However, this CHOICE is not what you think. Oh, no! This is not a choice of doughnuts or oatmeal, cookies or apples. NO! This is a choice of being healthy, doing what is best for me, taking care of the body God has blessed me with that is His temple.

As I sat there I looked at my husband and said, "It's a choice! And I have to make this choice every time! Every time!" I no longer had the martyr attitude (although I could still hear the cheese sticks calling me) and I made my choice. I chose to have a healthy attitude about the changes I am making and choose to eat a healthy lunch.

Other choices that I am making to help me stay on track are: Blogging about my journey (encouragements are welcome, and so are gentle kicks in the booty if needed), reestablishing an exercise routine (check back next week), thinking healthy whenever I eat, focusing on who I am in Christ.

I think my verse for this journey is going to remain
Hebrews 12:11
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

I know this is not a rocket science or brain surgery type of epiphany, but every choice that I make (that you make) sets me up for success or failure when the next choice comes along.

I am CHOOSING to make healthy choices!

2 comments: