Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

I can do this!

Have you ever started something with all the best intentions of finishing and fall short of the finish line? I know that I have many times. I recently was reminded of this verse in Hebrews...

Heb. 12:11
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

This verse seemed to strike a cord and I realized that I need to work on being disciplined. I recently started this blog and have had the intention of writing here everyday. Well, if you take a look at my posts you will see that I have not been diligent in this.

Another area, and stand back for this one, is my diet. I have struggled with my weight most of my life, and within the past year I have lost 50 lb. (Yay, me!) However, I have let go of my discipline in this area and have gained a little back.

While I am airing my dirty laundry here...well, yep, that's another one. I have not been very disciplined with the house work. (Pretty bad when no one has clean undies! YIKES!)

I could go on and on with areas in my life that I am lacking discipline or have left a project undone. However, what this verse made me realize is that discipline is making a choice. Making a choice to finish what I start and follow through even when the task is tough, even when I don't feel like it, and even when the task seems impossible. (That laundry mountain just keeps getting bigger!)

So, I am planning on starting with this blog. I am going to blog each day even if it is just a few words. I may even come up with some witty daily titles like...

Weight Loss Wednesdays! Yep, not only will I be working on my blog but I will be working on my discipline with my weight loss. My Wednesday posts may contain a healthy recipe, a triumph (or struggle) in my journey, or even an exercise tip.

As for the laundry...well, I will make the trek to the top of Mt. Laundry and although I may never reach the top (That's what happens when you have boys who play sports!) I will have the comfort in knowing my family has clean undies! ;)

So, is there some area that you may be lacking in discipline? Let's pray for each other that we will seek out discipline and reap the "harvest of righteousness and peace" as the verse says!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Crissy for your transparency. I have many areas that I struggle with being disciplined. Same as yours and a few more. The other thing I struggle with along with that is knowing when to say no and when to say yes. Praying for you as we journey this road together. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you.
    YES I struggle with discipline. When it comes to eating (junk instead of healthy), exercising, spending too much time on the computer...
    Looking forward to your daily posts!

    ReplyDelete