Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I believe

One of my favorite Christmas movies is 'Miracle on 34th Street' the old version. At the end of the movie the little girl is so disappointed that Santa didn't get her what she wanted that she is convinced he doesn't exists. However, her mother tries to convince her otherwise. As they drive home she is sitting in the car repeating..."I believe, I believe, it's stupid but I believe." All the while feeling depressed and let down.

There are so many times within my Christian walk that I can relate to this little girl. This is exactly how I have been feeling the last couple of days. I know that God's timing is not restricted to my ideas of what His timing should be. I also know that God has His best in mind for me. I also know that He loves me. However, I still fall short on faith and find myself muttering, "God I want to believe, I believe, help me believe!"

In the book of Mark chapter 9 there is a story of a father who comes to Jesus asking "if" Jesus could heal his son. In verse 23 Jesus says to him..."Everything is possible to him who believes." The father then says in verse 24..."I do believe; Help me overcome my unbelief!" That has been my very pray these last few weeks. "God help me overcome my unbelief!" So often I loose hope, give up trusting, and fall short on faith.

However, today God has been reminding me of His love for me. Reminding me the He has my best in mind, that I can trust Him, and that even the little faith that I have on days like today is enough. It has been as though He has been whispering sweet little love notes to me all day.

I thought I would share some of the verses He has been reminding me of today!

Romans 8:28 (NIV)
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose.

Phil. 1:6 (NIV)
Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Eph. 2:10 (NIV)
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Phil. 4:12-13 (NIV)
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.


Dear Lord,
Help me overcome my unbelief! Help me to be content to wait for the provisions You have set out for me! Thank you for loving me even when my faith wavers! Thank you for reminding me today of the love you have for me!

1 comment:

  1. You are so deep :) I am right there with you - I think that's why I LOVE Hebrews 11:1, because to have faith in something you can't see and only trust is hard!

    I miss you :)

    ReplyDelete