Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Finals

Well, I am in the home stretch. At least for now...

I have taken it upon myself to pursue my degree in psychology. Yep, I'm gettin' smart! This week I have finals however, it is the last of the finals for my AA degree. So, kinda a big mile stone for me. I am excited to have come this far, and have been reflecting on why I started the journey in the first place.

My inspiration for starting the pursuit of my degree is my son Noah. We have been on an incredible journey because of some chemical imbalances that he suffers from. Our journey to find a diagnosis for him has been one full of trials, challenges, learning, and yes, some triumphs.

We have been seeking help from a psychologist/psychiatrist team since Noah was 3. Yep, 3! However, I am the type of person that likes to do my own research. Therefore, I have read just about everything I could get my hands on. So, when we went for his appointments I had plenty of questions and suggestions for the doctors. Noah is now at a place where he is able to be a kid and not worry as much about his challenges. Although, they still pop up we know how to handle them or at least have some good skills in place.

So, this led to some opportunities to speak at a few parenting and woman's groups regarding our journey with Noah. These opportunities fed into the passion I have for encouraging women and young mothers. Therefore, God was brewing and even stronger passion in me for encouraging other women with these speaking opportunities. (I love how God works our circumstances and passions into His plan for us.) I know that God has bigger plans and more opportunities for me to share and encourage other women. However, for now He has me working on gaining more knowledge!

Which brings me to the journey I am currently on. I had never gone to college before and was very nervous. However, as I look back at the last 18 months I chuckle at that thought. This week is the last week for my AA degree. Woohoo! (I am so proud of me!)

I will have a 2 week break and then begin working on my BS in psychology! (But lets just focus on the 2 week break!) Yay, ME!!

2 comments: