Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Yesterday...

Yesterday my husband learned that he will no longer be employed in 2 weeks. This was some what expected however, still a shock to say the least. We were having a lunch date, a much needed date, and he got an email with the news. So, we prayed and we continued with our date trying not to let the news ruin our time together. When we got home he began his job searching right away.

Over the years we have made a financial sacrifice so that I can stay home with our kids. However, this is one of those moments when I start to wonder if that was the right choice. I was trying to be optimistic and trust that God had it all under control. However, I must admit that I wanted to start blaming Him for causing our distress. Then a verse popped into my head:

James 1:2-3
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

This verse however, did not help my attitude. How was I suppose to be joyful when my husband was losing his job?! So, I didn't dwell on the verse and started thinking about where I could get a job. My plan was under way! However, as the day went on I was still feeling overcome with worry and fear.

After dinner I received a verse from a dear friend. The verse was actually her status update on her Facebook wall. The verse was:

Isaiah 46: 3-4
Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all you who remain of the house of Israel, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

Wow, this verse just hit me upside the head. I could hear God reminding me of all the trials He has already brought me through. How could I forget all that He has done for me already and not trust that He will do the same again. Oh, my faith is so small.

I spent some time in prayer and this morning I can say that I have a peace and calm that is not my own. I am now finding joy in the anticipation of what and how God is going to provide for us in this difficult situation. Sure, the worry and doubt will creep in from time to time, but I know who will sustain me, who will rescue me, who can do more than I can ask or imagine. (Eph 3:20)

So, I am waiting to see what His plan holds for us.

3 comments:

  1. Loving this and you guys... praying for HIS plan for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is one thing I have learned in the past 14 months - THERE IS NOTHING GOD CANNOT DO! I was so so angry with God when Parker was first born - and there have been times since then that I have been angry for one thing or another. But I have slowly learned - that God's plans may not make sense to me, but He knows exactly what He is doing - even if I want to tell Him I think he's going nuts!

    I am praying for you and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you started a blog!! Let me tell you, I feel your pain. We're in a super-tough spot financially right now. Seems impossible, but if I've learned anything in the past 52 weeks it's that God is BIGGER. Can't wait to see what HE does in your lives!

    ReplyDelete