Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Back on track

I have been working on getting back on track in many areas of my life recently. First is making healthy choices, and using this blog to track those choices. (Weight Loss Wednesdays) Second is getting back into the daily cleaning routine that keeps my house in order. Third is taking the time to read my bible and pray daily.

However, as I have been getting back on track I have been wondering..."How did I get so off track in the first place?"

I have slowly started to get the answer to this question as I have been making changes to get back on track.

Each time I make a choice to keep going with the routines that I have in place, I set myself up to stay on track. However, on those "I don't feel like it" days this choice becomes harder.

So, the answer to how I got off track is choices! Yep, choices! In an early post I wrote about the choices I am making in regard to getting healthy. However, I have realized that each choice I make in any area in my life sets me up for success or failure with making the next choice.
(I know I have been posting a lot about choices lately, but that is what is swirling in my head right now!)

On an "I don't feel like it day" if I make the choice to stay in my PJ's until noon (and this has happened on occasion) I know I will feel tired and not be very productive. However, if I make the choice to get up, shower, and get ready for the day I know I will feel better and be ready for action! This simple choice of getting ready for the day will set me up for making other choices throughout the day. Then at the end of the day I will look back and think, "Wow, I accomplished a lot today!" instead of "Wow, I didn't get anything done today!"

So, whether I am on track for meeting my goals or wondering where I went off course I know I can start making better choices to change my direction.

I am beginning to see how this works with getting healthy, keeping my house clean, and even my relationship with God. I am realizing that if any area in my life needs adjusted all it takes is making a different choice, a better choice, a choice that will lead me in the direction I want to be going. Then when I reach my goal and look back I will see how far I have come because of every single one of those choices.




4 comments:

  1. awesome Crissy! Just read Jeremiah 6:16 about the reward for discipline being rest.praying this for you and all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been off track this week. Boo.
    Thanks for the encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanna get together once a week to walk? I am in desperate need to really kick my tail into gear and start losing weight and getting back into working out. I'd love to do that.

    If not, it's cool, I just miss being able to have girl time and talk!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete