Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

He provides!!

Well, we are going on the fourth week that my husband has been without a job. So, this is a little update on how we are believing BIG for God to provide not only a job, but also for our needs in the meantime!

We are the type of family that for the most part lives paycheck to paycheck! (Shocking, I know! ) Although, we do have a little savings it is just that, little. However, during this needy time we are in God has provided and will continue to provide beyond all we could ask or imagine... (Eph 3:20)

The Provisions
First, a week before we learned my husband would not have a job I received a check from my student loans. Now, normally all of the loan money goes directly to the school. However, since I am finishing up my AA degree this week (WHOO HOO!) there was a surplus of money from this quarter, and they sent me a check for that amount. (Of course, thinking life was good our first thought was...Let's go to Disney World!) Being the responsible adults we are (lol) we decided to save it and think about the best way to use this unexpected surplus! The next week we got the news and realized we needed this money to get us through until a new job was found. He provided before we new we would need it!

Second, as health insurance stuff can sometimes be bumpy when switching jobs I decided to get my son's ADD meds refilled. Stocking up so we would not run out. However, I realized we needed to make an appointment for a new prescription, we were on the last refill. This would work except the only appointment available was a couple weeks out. I then realized we didn't have enough meds to last that long. I prayed that God would work it out somehow. The next day I got a phone call from the pharmacy telling me my prescription for my son was in. I hung up the phone confused. I didn't call it in, and the nurse told me she could not call it in until he had seen the doctor. So, we headed to the pharmacy and sure enough, there was a prescription for my son's ADD meds. I looked at my husband and said..."Now that, is JESUS!!!"

During this time I was starting to doubt that God was even thinking about my needs, my kids needs, my husbands needs. However, as we picked up the mysteriously ordered prescriptions I realized that He did see our needs, my son's needs. More than that, He was all over it! He had it under control! He provided! Why did I even doubt for a second?!

I am continuing to believe BIG and in those doubting moments I am praying "Help me overcome my unbelief!" (Mark 9:23-25)

Thank you Lord for providing even when I doubt!

A side note:
My husband has had several phone calls this week and things are looking promising. Continued prayers for God's direction to be clear would be wonderful! He will provide!!!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo, God!! This has been the story of my life for awhile now. I needed the reminder today to praise God for miraculous provision, rather than being grouchy because I'm sick of being out of $. Love you, friend! Thanks for the hug this morning!

    ReplyDelete